Curious to know more about Verve’s internship programme? In our latest blog post, Ariane Le Brun shares her personal experiences of being an intern account executive at Verve, and what it means working for a Soho based health communications agency.
How did I choose my internship?
I was always interested in marketing at school, so when it came to searching for an internship programme, I knew I wanted to increase my knowledge and explore what marketing means in a working environment. Also, influenced by my mother who has always worked in the medical industry, I wanted to learn more about healthcare. I started to research and ask people around me, and that’s how I found Verve.
My first interview with Dom and Jules was so different from others I have done in the past… in a good way, of course!
They immediately made me feel at ease and I knew that I would be more than happy to spend the next three months working with them. And my hopes turned out to be surpassed in the most fantastic and interesting internship I could have expected! I was concerned I would struggle as English isn’t my first language but everyone was really patient – and my English improved hugely!
One of the most exciting things about working at Verve is that you immediately feel part of the team and you’re included in sharing your ideas and thoughts. From the very first day, I supported in the organisation of a big European training event in Spain. During this time I was involved in:
- Developing an app with event information & interactive logistics
- Taking part in creative brainstorming meetings
- Generating & presenting ideas to clients
- Researching & briefing suppliers and supporting the approval process of orders.
In addition, I also travelled to Barcelona as part of the Verve support team. It was amazing to see all our hard work come to fruition – from the creative idea, to designs, to the real thing!
I really loved working on this project because I felt like my colleagues trusted me enough with my suggestions and working on my own.
During these three months, I was also involved in other projects, including:
- Supporting an e-learning programme; creation and launch
- Assisting in the preparation of conferences (see image below)
- Learning how to use key industry software – I’m a Veeva specialist now!
- Attending ABPI code of practice training
- Working with the different agency teams to get an overview of different projects and therapy areas
- Being involved in internal projects, such as our amazing Christmas gingerbread campaign
- And so much more but this blog would be too long if I listed everything!
Now that my internship is over, I have a mixture of positive and sad feelings:
- I am convinced I would like to specialise in marketing for my master’s degree as I enjoyed the variety of aspects related to that discipline, and my internship with Verve gave me the opportunity to discover many elements including enhancing my creativity
- I will miss the entire Verve team. The work atmosphere is fantastic, as are my colleagues. We all work hard and feel ‘at home’ at the same time. It was such a valuable experience that I will never forget and I feel I received so much more than I could have ever expected.
Thanks to you all, I have fallen in love with the world of marketing and communications, and I am ready to carry on my learning path with confidence.
Last question to the Verve Team: By now, do you know how to ask directions to the station in French…? Ha!